Everything You Need To Know On Ecological succession
You might have come across
Well here are some real facts you must learn.
what is ecology?
- Ecology is defined as the systematic study of living things and their interaction with the environment.
- It is the study of how living things interact with one another and with their environment.
All organisms have the same basic needs which is water and energy, and their environment influence them.
The environment includes two factors which is abiotic and biotic.
Abiotic factors: include the non living things in the environment, example, temperature, water, soil and sunlight.
Biotic factors: involves the living things in the in the environment, they include organisms of different species.
The ecosystem gets energy from sunlight constantly, and it is focused more on ecology.
Niche: it is the role of a specie in its ecosystem, it includes ways in which the species relate or interact with biotic and abiotic factors in the environment.
Habitat: it is a place or the physical environment in which a particular specie can adapt or live.
ENERGY FLOW IN THE ECOSYSTEM
Energy enters and circulate through the environment in form of chemical compounds or sunlight, some organisms produce their food with sunlight or chemical compounds while others get those energy by consuming already made food.
- producers include organisms which produce their own food and for other organisms. They are important because they contains organic materials.
And all organisms need organic materials/ molecule from them.
- Another name for producers are autotrophs.
- Autotrophs are of two types: photoautotroph and chemoautotroph.